The Newsletter shares exclusive news updates insights, and results on the implementation of the Environmental Management Systems (EMS) thematic area of the COAST Project through UNIDO’s Transfer of Environmentally Sound Technology (TEST) Methodology. It is instrumental to note here that this is the first time the TEST Methodology is being applied to the tourism industry in Sub-Saharan Africa, and this Newsletter showcases some of the emerging results in its application in the demonstration sites in Watamu, Kenya; Inhambane, Mozambique; Saly, Senegal; and Bagamoyo, Tanzania.
This Newsletter contains the following stories and articles:
- A Foreword by the UNIDO Chief of the Water Management UNIT Mr. Igor Volodin;
- A Special Feature showing selected Highlights from the EMS/TEST implementation in the four countries at the Demonstration Sites;
- Some News from the final Participatory Results Reporting Tool workshops held in a number of the COAST Project Demo Sites;
- A picture gallery of the COAST Project Demo Site activities;
- A Question & Answer Session with the UNIDO COAST Project Manager Mr. Ludovic Bernaudat;
- An Opinion Article by the Tanzania National Cleaner Production Center (CPCT) on their Experiences working in partnership to implement the UNIDO TEST Methodology tools to selected hotels in Bagamoyo, Tanzania.
- An analysis article Showcasing the Seychelles Sustainable Tourism Label (SSTL);