COAST Project Newsletter: 5th Quarterly Newsletter
This is the Final COAST Project Newsletter. After 5 years of Project implementation, the project comes to an end, with our 5th COAST Project Newsletter that highlights some key results in the subject of sustainable coastal tourism in Africa.
The Newsletter shares exclusive news updates insights, and results on the implementation of the Environmental Management Systems (EMS) thematic area of the COAST Project through UNIDO’s Transfer of Environmentally Sound Technology (TEST) Methodology. It is instrumental to note here that this is the first time the TEST Methodology is being applied to the tourism industry in Sub-Saharan Africa, and this Newsletter showcases some of the emerging results in its application in the demonstration sites in Watamu, Kenya; Inhambane, Mozambique; Saly, Senegal; and Bagamoyo, Tanzania.
This Newsletter contains the following stories and articles:
- A Foreword by the UNIDO Chief of the Water Management UNIT Mr. Igor Volodin;
- A Special Feature showing selected Highlights from the EMS/TEST implementation in the four countries at the Demonstration Sites;
- Some News from the final Participatory Results Reporting Tool workshops held in a number of the COAST Project Demo Sites;
- A picture gallery of the COAST Project Demo Site activities;
- A Question & Answer Session with the UNIDO COAST Project Manager Mr. Ludovic Bernaudat;
- An Opinion Article by the Tanzania National Cleaner Production Center (CPCT) on their Experiences working in partnership to implement the UNIDO TEST Methodology tools to selected hotels in Bagamoyo, Tanzania.
- An analysis article Showcasing the Seychelles Sustainable Tourism Label (SSTL);
Please, share with us your feedback on any of these stories. If you want us to follow up on any of these stories, or would wish more information on these articles, please write to the COAST Project's Knowledge Management and Communications Officer on the contacts below.
THE EDITORIAL TEAM - UNIDO COAST PROJECT
- Jun 26, 2014: COAST Project Newsletter: 5th Quarterly Newsletter
- Nov 26, 2013: COAST Project Newsletter: 4th Quarterly Newsletter
- Jun 05, 2013: COAST Project Newsletter: 3rd Quarterly Newsletter
- Jun 05, 2013: COAST Project Newsletter 2nd Quarterly Newsletter
- Jun 05, 2013: COAST Project Newsletter 1st Quarterly Newsletter